Roadside Haying


Flagstaff County uses a permit system for all landowners within the county wanting to hay municipal right-of-ways. All roads are intended to be mowed twice a year commencing June 1. The purpose of the permit system is to minimize conflict between the municipality and landowners who want to cut and bale hay along municipal right-of-ways.

Landowners must apply for a Roadside Haying Permit from Flagstaff County prior to May 15 of each year. All landowners permitted to hay municipal right-of-ways must have their haying completed before July 15 of each year. Permits are also available at the Flagstaff County Office.

All permits are only valid for one year. Annual renewal is required.

Click HERE to apply online for a Roadside Haying Permit.