Flagstaff County provides $641,268 annually in recreation grant funding to the Agricultural Societies throughout the municipality. At the end of each year, the Ag Societies submit a detailed description of the allocated funds and how they were used for recreation purposes.
We are appreciative of the Ag Societies for their efforts in distributing this funding within our region. Organizations seeking recreation funding from Flagstaff County are encouraged to apply through their local Ag Society.
The amount of funding provided to each society is based upon a formula of the percentage of the rural population applied to the total population of each community. It is Council’s belief that with funding allocations in the hands of the community’s Agricultural Society, the needs of the region will be best determined through the eyes of the citizens.
The most recent funding allocations are as follows:
|Local Agricultural Society||Approved Amount|
|Alliance Ag. Society||$22,625|
|Daysland Ag. Society||$107,537|
|Forestburg Ag. Society||$109,990|
|Galahad Ag. Society||$14,447|
|Hardisty Ag. Society||$74,690|
|Heisler Ag. Society||$18,400|
|Killam Ag. Society||$125,119|
|Lougheed Ag. Society||$30,666|
|Sedgewick Ag. Society||$103,721|
|Strome Ag. Society||$34,074|
2023 Grant Reporting
A reporting process has been implemented to ensure Flagstaff County receives a consistent, accurate, and detailed description of how the grant funding is allocated each year. Grant recipients must provide the financial reporting of these funds. Full details regarding Grant Recipient Reporting are included in the Flagstaff County Recreation Grant Guidelines.
- Flagstaff County Recreation Grant Guidelines
- Ag Society Grant Allocation Form
- Grant Recipient Electronic Reporting Form
Flagstaff County has granted millions of dollars towards recreational programs, events, and facilities since the release of the Flagstaff Regional Recreation Grant Program in early 2012.
Flagstaff County Grant Recipients
- 2021 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2020 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2019 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2018 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2017 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2016 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2015 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2014 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2013 Recreation Investment Grant Recipients
- 2012 Regional Recreation Grant Recipients
- 2012 Recreation Investment Grant Recipients
Economic Development Officer