Just in time for Christmas, the Battle River Watershed Alliance is launching a new hardcover coffee table book in which the Flagstaff Region is featured prominently.
Titled the Traversing Terrain & Experience Atlas, this publication is composed of a compilation of stories, art, photography, geography, and interesting facts.
Among the subject material related to the Flagstaff Region and surrounding area:
- "Labour and Economy" highlights the Battle River Rail co-op, and the Town of Hardisty;
- "Arts and Culture" is about the Daysland Palace Theatre;
- The Iron Creek subwatershed section focuses mostly on Flagstaff, including the late poet Robert Kroetsch of the Village of Heisler, and Don and Marie Ruzicka from the Killam area;
- "Shaping and Making Coal" explores the Paintearth Mine (at the Village of Forestburg) and ATCO;
- "Protected Areas" touches on Big Knife.
Books sell for $35 each. Order one and you can arrange to pick it up at the Flagstaff County office during regular business hours.
For more information, visit: http://battleriverwatershed.ca/atlas.