Update regarding weather (2:45 p.m.):
Rural Albertans know that weather is variable around these parts! The Snowbirds and Iron Creek Flying Club organizers are actively monitoring weather conditions in the area today. Decisions on flying operations will be made closer to showtime, as the Snowbirds have a number of performance options for a range of weather conditions. Dress for the weather and come out to Flagstaff Regional Airport to enjoy the food trucks, activities and community spirit. We will keep you informed right up to showtime!
Snowbirds Over Flagstaff
Look to the skies over Flagstaff this summer for an exhilarating appearance by Canada’s iconic Air Demonstration Team – the Canadian Forces Snowbirds.
Enjoy the dazzling performance of one of Canada’s national treasures from Flagstaff Regional Airport – the smallest, most rural airfield on the Snowbirds’ 60 stop annual tour. Due to the available runway length and services, the Snowbirds CT-114 Tutor aircraft will base from Camrose Airport.
Snowbirds Performance (July 24)
Be inspired by the CF Snowbirds as they soar (upside-down) over Flagstaff with their thrilling aerobatic performance!
Wednesday, July 24, 2019 | 7:00 p.m.
Flagstaff Regional Airport
Admission is FREE
- Click HERE for the official poster.
- Click HERE for the full page ad in the Community Press.
- Click HERE for the official press release.
- Click HERE for the 2019 Canadian Forces Snowbirds fact sheet.
- Click HERE for details on the July 23 media availability.
On-site parking will be available.
Cost: $20/vehicle or $5/motorbike (CASH ONLY)
Pay for parking in advance on Eventbrite.
4:30 p.m. – Gates Open
4:30-7:00 p.m. – Vendors and activities
7:00 p.m. – Smoke ON!!! Snowbirds performance
8:00 p.m. – Depart
Vendors and activities
Food and concessions
- Park 'N Bite
- Hero's Food Truck
- Wild West Eats
- Food with Flair
- Mustache Bros
- Prairie Kettle Corn
- Tom's Mini Donuts
- Three bouncy castles
- Body Bling will be on site with some special Snowbirds-themed face paint and temporary tattoos. (Note: Proceeds will be donated to the cost of bringing the Canadian Forces Snowbirds to Flagstaff Regional Airport.)
Tips for enjoying the Snowbirds
The Snowbirds' performance is designed for a specific stage – and the stage is set here at Flagstaff Regional Airport on July 24, 2019! Enjoy the full drama of each intricate manoeuvre, and hear full audio of the Snowbirds' choreography and narration by the Snowbirds' announcer by watching from the airport. The Snowbirds' thrilling show is best viewed from the Flagstaff Regional Airport spectator area and not from side roads or private property. No trespassing.
Bring a lawn chair, some bug spray and sunscreen, and dress appropriately for the weather.
Arrive early. Access to the airport will be from Highway 13 only – so the gates will open at 4:30 p.m. to help with traffic and allow people to pick their spots early prior to the beginning of the Snowbirds' performance at 7:00 p.m. There will be a few activities and a handful of vendors on site!
Admission is FREE! There is, however, a charge for parking ($20/vehicle or $5/motorbike).
Snowbirds Meet & Greet BBQ (July 23)
Here’s your chance for selfies with the Snowbirds! Meet the pilots and crew (access from main parking lot).
Admission and parking are FREE! A smokie on a bun with pop or water will cost $6.
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 | 6:00 to 8 :00 p.m.
Flagstaff Regional Airport
There will be bouncy castles for the kids.
Also, Body Bling will be on site with some special Snowbirds-themed face paint and temporary tattoos. (Note: Proceeds will be donated to the cost of bringing the Canadian Forces Snowbirds to Flagstaff Regional Airport.)
- Community Press – Snowbirds pilots are highly trained artists of the sky (July 17, 2019)
- Country 106.5 – Snowbirds Coming to Flagstaff County (July 18, 2019)
The Flagstaff Regional Airport, located between Killam and Sedgewick at 44271 Rge Rd 131, is owned by Flagstaff County and operated with the assistance of the Iron Creek Flying Club.
We offer a 24-hour cardlock fuel system as well as a comfortable terminal facility with most amenities required by recreational pilots.
Also available are long-term lease lots awaiting the construction of your new hangar.
- Phone: 780-385-4877
- Aviation Data Location: 52° 47' 44.3955 N; 111° 45' 38.0329 W
- Elevation: 2,182 ft.
- Runway: 2950 ft. x 75 ft. Asphalt along with Aircraft Radio Control of Aerodome Lighting (ARCAL) System
Download the Airport Brochure.
Pilot lounge, washrooms, and soft drink vending machine available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, via pilot access only.
A courtesy vehicle is available for usage by patrons of the Flagstaff Regional Airport only. Vehicle usage is restricted to use within Flagstaff County. Maximum usage time is 24 hours.
24-hour cardlock available (MasterCard, Visa, Debit).
- ARCAL System: Activated by five clicks on 123.2 MHz
- Computer: For pilots (restricted to weather and NOTAM info only)
FIC Edmonton: 1-866-992-7433
- Landing Fees: None
- Lodging and Dining: Restaurant and motels within 5 kilometres of the airport
- Phones: Phone on site
- Tie-Downs: Limited in-pavement locations and limited grass locations. No fees.
- Transportation: Contact (780) 385-4877
Leased land available for aircraft hangars. For more information, please call (780) 384-4100.
For information about AvGas prices, Runway Conditions, Tie-Downs and Transportation contact: