Eight months after their fire hall caught fire in a freak Friday-the-13th lightning strike, the Strome Fire Department is back in service.
Strome firefighters met Thursday evening (March 21, 2019) to restock the trucks and double-check their gear.
A lightning strike on the night of July 13, 2018, sparked the blaze that damaged structural beams, the wall and the ceiling in the rear of the fire hall, said Flagstaff County Regional Fire Chief Kim Cannady.
The fire caused more than $193,000 damage, added Cannady. Insurance covered the cost of the building and equipment repairs and replacement.