Flagstaff County is continually monitoring all developments related to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
Click HERE for an UPDATED copy of Alberta's relaunch strategy (June 2020).
Click HERE to visit Alberta Biz Connect (workplace guidance and supports to help businesses and non-profits affected by COVID-19 begin to reopen and resume operations safely).
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, click on the following three buttons:
Office and Shop Reopening
The Flagstaff County office and shop reopened to the public on Monday, July 6.
Residents are encouraged to continue to use our online reporting system (lf.flagstaff.ab.ca/Forms/Public-Report-Form) and to make appointments if they need to meet with staff in the office.
Payments can also continue to be made:
- Via online banking at your banking institution;
- By mailing a cheque or leaving it in the drop box at the front door of the County Administration Office.
Flagstaff County has worked diligently to ensure the safety of staff and citizens during this pandemic. We will continue to follow the guidelines and regulations set forth by the Province of Alberta. That includes practicing good hygiene and physical distancing, as well as routine employee screening.
Masks for Flagstaff County residents
Attention, residents of Flagstaff County, Strome and Galahad:
Non-medical face masks to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 are available for pickup at the entrance to the Flagstaff County office daily (Monday to Friday) between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., as well as the Strome and Galahad post offices during regular business hours.
This is a Government of Alberta program. Flagstaff County is serving as a distribution partner to support the Alberta government in providing disposable masks to those who can't access a drive-thru so as many Albertans as possible can safely get their masks while maintaining physical distancing.
Please note the following:
- The masks are not mandatory; they are an option for situations where maintaining a physical distance of two meters is not possible.
- These are non-medical face masks and are suitable for use in situations like public transit and grocery shopping.
- Every Albertan is eligible for an allotment of four masks. You may pick up masks for family members. Visit alberta.ca/masks for more information.
Supports for Residents
We understand that individuals across Flagstaff County have been impacted by COVID-19, and are facing unprecedented challenges. The following supports are available to help you through this difficult time.
- Government of Alberta: Emergency financial assistance
- Government of Canada: Canada Child Benefit increase
- Government of Canada: Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Government of Canada: Employment insurance (EI) benefit
- Government of Canada: Employment insurance (EI) sickness benefit
- Government of Canada: GST rebate increase
- Government of Canada: Salary top-up for low-income essential workers
- Government of Alberta: Alberta student loans repayment deferral
- Government of Canada: Canada student loans repayment deferral
- Government of Canada: Mortgage and loan deferrals
Nominate a Frontline Hero
It’s time to show frontline employees in the Flagstaff Region some love! Nominate a frontline worker who you think deserves a shoutout during this unprecedented time.
Flagstaff County will celebrate their story and spread the word.
Succeeding Together: Page of Positivity
There's a lot to worry about right now as we contend with COVID-19 – but amidst all the bad news, there are some good moments.
Each person that makes a submission will be entered into our gift basket draw on Friday, June 5, 2020. The lucky winner will be presented with a Flagstaff Crafted gift basket valued at $250!
We're all in this together!
Essential Services List
For a list of businesses in the BREOC Region that are open and/or have made adjustments to their service delivery, click the button below.
COVID-19 Resource Guide
For a complete list of COVID-19 resources available, click the button below.