Flagstaff County is committed to encouraging and rewarding the excellence of its students by offering financial assistance through the Educational Scholarship Program.
The purpose of the Educational Scholarship Program is to encourage post secondary training and provide assistance with costs of attending institutions outside our boundaries – while encouraging our youth to return home to the Flagstaff region to work and live once their studies are complete.
The Educational Scholarship Program is a competitive program with a budget of $50,000 annually.
In 2016, the Educational Scholarship Program was revised and divided into five categories, each of which includes a relevant essay question. The categories are as follows:
- Entrance Scholarship: A scholarship intended for students who are applying to post-secondary for the Fall term, directly out of high school.
- Entrepreneur Scholarship: A scholarship awarded to students who have or wish to pursue an entrepreneurial endeavour following or while attending post-secondary.
- Excellence Scholarship: A scholarship awarded to students who demonstrate superior academic achievement by meeting or exceeding the required minimum Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Leadership Scholarship: A scholarship awarded to students who demonstrate personal strength and determination in their commitment to leadership.
- Volunteer Engagement Scholarship: A scholarship awarded to students who have demonstrated consistent and outstanding dedication to their communities, academic institution, or charitable cause.
Each applicant can only apply under one category. The annual allocation of $50,000 will be divided equally between the five categories allowing for 10 $1,000 scholarships in each category.
780-384-4151 (direct line)