All County residents are encouraged to attend a Public Open House to learn about the proposed Municipal Development Plan (MDP) and Land Use Bylaw (LUB) for Flagstaff County. These very important documents regulate how, what and where you can develop on your property. New provisions are being proposed to regulate:
- Solar farms;
- Wind farms;
- Hemp/marijuana processing facilities;
- Resource extraction;
- The location and setback of shelterbelts;
- Keeping of domestic pets;
- Restricting the development of accessory buildings until a dwelling is built on residential lots (outside of Agricultural District);
- Incorporating the Hamlets of Galahad and Strome into the County’s planning documents.
After the public open house, residents and stakeholders will be invited to provide written feedback to the County and the County’s planning consultant to let us know what you think about the proposed changes.
Information displays around the room will provide highlights of what is “new” and what changes have been proposed.
The draft documents are available for download:
Hard copies of the draft LUB and MDP will also be available for review at the County office during regular business hours.
The Public Open House will be held:
Date: August 14, 2017
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Place: Flagstaff County Office (12435 TWP Road 442 Sedgewick)