Flagstaff County is recruiting for the permanent full-time position of: Payroll & Benefits Officer.
Summary of position
The Payroll & Benefits Officer is responsible for processing payroll and the benefits plan for salaried and hourly employees and the elected officials, with some key responsibilities as follows:
- Review timesheets for completion and accuracy and prepare for processing and review.
- Process payroll file for direct deposit transmittal and/or cheque printing.
- Process set ups and terminations of employees on the payroll system and produce Records of Employment.
- Prepare benefit payments and reports for the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP).
- Update and maintain employee worksheets for vacation, sick and personal leave days.
- Prepare remittance payments to the Receiver General for payroll deductions.
- Prepare year-end requirements including payroll balancing, T4 preparation, LAPP, and Workers Compensation Board (WCB) annual reports.
- Ensure the payroll and benefit accounts are balanced and reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Develop a good working knowledge of payroll matters, including employment standards legislation, County policies, statutory deductions, pension plan and benefit programs.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all records and only release information in accordance with County policy and applicable legislation.
- Maintain payroll department filing to ensure an orderly and efficient filing system, including archiving and records clean up/destruction.
To view the job ad, click HERE.