Flagstaff County is recruiting for the permanent full-time position of: Administrative Assistant (Legislative).
Summary of position
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Assistant with some key responsibilities as follows:
- Assist in, and in the absence of the Executive Assistant, responsible for Council and Committee meeting agenda preparation in accordance with the Procedural Bylaw, including preparation of the background information, creation of the electronic meeting package, recording and preparation of the minutes, and follow-up on the issues and delegated tasks as required.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of the Business Plan as directed, including organizing meetings and ensuring the Business Plan and Budget timeline is followed.
- Responsible for the annual Educational Scholarship Grant program as well as assisting in the Cemetery Assistance Grant program, including pro-cessing applications and responding to inquiries.
- Responsible for planning and organizing the annual Flagstaff Active Living Conference for Seniors.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of bylaws, agreements, the Poli-cies and Procedures manual, Municipal Grid Placement manual, and the Fees and Charges Schedule.
- Schedule and organize monthly staff meetings, including providing all staff with a summary of meeting notes and completing any follow up required.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports as requested.
- Provide backup coverage for front reception and backup and cross-training of the Administrative Assistant – Emergency Services/Health and Safety po-sition.
- Maintain administration department filing to ensure an orderly and efficient filing system, including archiving and records clean up/destruction.
To view the job ad, click HERE.